With the new year quickly approaching, I thought I would share a list of my goals for next year. By writing out my list, I can take my ideas and make them reality, instead of just having dreams. A few years ago, The Buried Life, a show on Mtv, talked about goal setting. Four guys created “The Buried Life”, a list of 100 things they wanted to do before they died. On the show, viewers were able to see them meet some of the goals on their list. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to here the guys speak as well as meet them (see image below).
They were super sweet and really inspired me. The video below is a TedTalk about goal setting from one of the four guys from the Buried Life (skip to 4:52 for goal setting specifics):
At the end of each year, I look back at my goals and see which ones I met. Below, you will find my 2016 goals:
- apply at least two teaching jobs a month
- make at least three new friends
- post at least two times a week on my blog
- go to the gym two times per week
- teach/book at least two Canvas & Cocktails party per month
- dedicate one hour per day to make art just because
- print photographs from my phone/Instagram and finish a scrapbook
- take more photographs using my camera
- read three new books
- spend more time with my family & friends
What’s on your goal list for 2016?