Is your room Christmas ready? Decorating your bedroom with a few small holiday additions will automatically brighten your mood! It’s up to you how much or little you choose to add. There are lots of bedroom accessories to choose from, including: throw pillows, sheets, deer decor, garland, lights etc. Here are some tips and sample rooms to get you started!
Color Scheme & Christmas Theme
When you think Christmas, you usually think red and green. There are some other options you could choose from. To help you choose what color scheme to go with, ask yourself a few questions:
- What colors already exist in your room?
- What colors make you the most happy?
- What theme do you want in your room?
Do you prefer a winter wonderland or a rustic cabin feel? Do you want lots of decorations & Christmas trees or a minimal look? Deciding what you prefer will help with any purchases you make so that you have a cohesive theme. Take a look at some samples below:
- My room is featured above and below! I picked red and green for my color scheme, and I wanted a rustic feel. I love the string lights on the bed frame and the fun pillows (I picked them up at Target this year!) Links for my bedding below:
2. Let it Snow via House & Garden. I’m loving the cool pastel color scheme and the star string lights! The three dimensional snowflakes above the bed are genius! (tutorial for one kind of 3d snowflake here)
3. A minimal Christmas via regalgr.com. Neutrals, fur and pops of red give this room the perfect minimal Christmas look!
4. Pink Christmas via Central Interior Design. Try using bright pinks and other neon colors for a “bright” look!
5. Preppy Christmas. Plaid, florals, and a giant wreath give this bedroom a Tommy Hilfiger vibe.
I want to see your Christmas room! Use the hashtag #HATblogmas to be featured on my blog!